PBNC-2014 Authors/Presenters and Interested Conference Participants:
Updated Conference Announcement (June 2014)
The purpose of this update is to provide you with the current status and a recommendation to participate in the Pacific Basin Nuclear Conference (PBNC-19, 2014), to be held in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia this coming August 24th through 28th. This will be only the third time that this international conference has been hosted by Canada and affords Canada and other countries an opportunity to showcase their nuclear programs in the spirit of cooperation, collaboration and learning from each other.
The PBNC 2014 Organizing Committees have essentially completed their plans and are well positioned with continuing help from all committee members, nationally and internationally, to have an exceptional conference.
1) The Technical Program posted on the PBNC 2014 website has 300 papers from 20 countries.
2) The Plenary and Keynote Speaker program is complete with 40 key speakers engaged from Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Mexico, Taiwan, the US, Vietnam and Europe, as noted in the Conference summary on the website. The speaker bios and pictures may be viewed at the PBNC 2014 website
3) The Student Conference Program is complete with 50 poster papers being presented.
4) The Sponsorship and Exhibitor (S&E) Program is posted on the website. Only two exhibit spaces remain available and 95% of the sponsorship target has been achieved thanks to the generous support of our sponsors including, in particular, our Platinum and five Gold sponsors. There are still some choice opportunities available and we welcome sponsorships from PNC countries, both as general sponsorships, as well as sponsorships to help the students.
5) The guest and entertainment program has been established and a wonderful experience awaits all, including a local native show at Wednesday’s banquet. We have a number of luncheons, honours and awards presentations, and various cultural, sightseeing and technical tours are being offered as posted on the web, which complete the PBNC 2014 experience and will make it an event to remember.
All Programs are posted on the PBNC 2014 website and 600 delegates are expected. If you have not already done so please register for the conference before the early bird deadline of June 15 and qualify for the next draw for a free registration. Please book your hotel room soon, as we expect the conference hotel to sell out quickly. With your help and support, we intend PBNC 2014 to be remembered in that same positive image as the PBNC held in Banff, Canada, in 1998 and the last one held in Busan, Korea in 2012. We look forward to welcoming you to Vancouver in August.
Please also view the Conference Flyer
The Canadian Nuclear Society, the Canadian Nuclear Association, and Natural Resources Canada, in collaboration with the International Atomic Energy Agency, are proud to host the 19th Pacific Basin Nuclear Conference (PBNC-2014) August 24-28, 2014, in Vancouver, Canada, under the aegis of the Pacific Nuclear Council.